Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
In just the last few years, the popularity of motorcycling has skyrocketed, with more than a million motorcycles sold in 2010, according to the Motorcycle Industry Council. Motorcycles are the most dangerous types of motor vehicles to drive. In 2008, motorcycle riders were 35 times more likely than tradition car passengers to die in a wreck, and eight times more likely to suffer a serious injury. Unfortunately, the growth in ridership has also resulted in a rise in motorcyclist deaths and a drastic increase in personal injury cases for many motorcycle crash lawyers. From 1997 to 2010, motorcycle fatalities rose 130%. In fact, since 1997, motorcycle death rates have risen every year. Motorcycle related fatalities accounted for 12% of the total amount of automobile accident deaths in 2010.
Seeking the services of a good Houston motorcycle accident lawyer is the smart thing to do for anyone injured in motorcycle accident. Look no further than the Padua Law Firm for an experienced motorcycle wreck lawyer and established motorcycle wreck law firm.
It is the job of Padua Law Firm’s persistent bike accident attorney to use his experience in personal injury law to represent and protect your interests, and to get you an adequate settlement when you have been injured in a motorcycle wreck.
Anytime you are involved in a motorcycle accident you should do the following:
- Remain on the scene unless you are suffering from injuries that need immediate medical attention.
- Collect insurance information from everyone involved.
- Get witnesses contact info.
- Do not incriminate yourself by admitting fault to anyone.
- See a doctor as soon as you can.
- Contact your Houston motorcycle accident lawyer immediately. Padua Law Firm can be reached at 713-840-1411 or via email. Contact us for a free consultation.
When it comes to hiring a bike accident attorney, there are a number of factors to consider, including:
- The experience of the Houston motorcycle accident lawyer in handling personal injury claims.
- The fees charged by your prospective auto accident or motorcycle crash lawyer. (Padua Law Firm offers free consultations and handles cases on a “contingency” basis)
- The network of private investigators and team of experts of your car wreck or motorcycle wreck law firm.
Although riding a motorcycle is inherently a risky activity, Consider these life-saving motorcycle riding tips that may help reduce your chances of being seriously injured or killed:
- Take a Motorcycle Rider Safety and Training Course.
- Before you hit the road after winter season, review your bike to ensure safety.
- Pick a strong, quality helmet that fits you well. If your bike helmet lacks a face shield, pair it up with goggles or even glasses with safety lenses. Always wear a helmet that fits right. Buy one that sports a DOT label, which proves that it meets federal safety standards.
- Use your signals and brake intelligently
- Make sure other drivers can see you. Don’t ride in blind spots and always use your headlights.
- Wear durable non-slip gloves and invest in boots or sneakers that cover your ankles.
- Lube the chain and adjust it according to the manufacturer’s specs.
- Try a rider-training course to brush up on your skills.
Your bike accident attorney can help you build a case to hold negligent parties accountable. At Padua Law Firm, you will find a motorcycle crash lawyer that can represent motorcycle accident clients in all of Texas including the cities of Houston, Dallas, Austin, the Woodlands, Sugarland, Conroe, Dickinson, League City, Galveston, and San Antonio.