Padua Law Firm is a Houston, Texas based law firm providing the highest quality legal services for individuals and families seeking to buy or sell real estate in Mexico. Purchasing a second home, vacation property, or retirement home in Mexico is the dream of many Americans. Unfortunately, too many Americans think that the Mexican real estate market is closed to foreigners or is that it is too difficult and risky to own property in Mexico. That is simply not true. Remaining ignorant of the law and procedures involved in real estate transactions in a foreign country is NEVER a good idea. Our Mexico real estate law practice has the requisite expertise needed to consummate all types of real estate transactions in Mexico including: purchases, sales, construction, mortgage financing, closings, property insurance issues, and others.
Now may be the time to realize your dream of owning property in Mexico. For a free consultation with an experienced Mexico real estate attorney, contact Padua Law Firm, located in Houston, TX by email or call 713-840-1411 .
Types of Mexico Property Transactions
Padua Law Firm works with American clients on all aspect of residential real estate transactions in Mexico:
- Buying and selling homes in Mexico
- Construction of residential properties in Mexico* Financing/mortgage transactions (Purchase, refinance, owner financing)
- Title insurance (Yes, it is available in Mexico)* Closings/escrow services
- Formation of Fideicomisos (“Trusts”) – (Which are the vehicles used by foreigners to acquire ownership rights within the “restricted areas” of Mexico)
- Related immigration/business law matters (there often is an immigration law and/or business law component involved when dealing with Mexico property transactions).
Very Important to Involve a Mexico Real Estate Attorney Early
It is important to have a lawyer involved from the beginning of the real estate transaction, usually starting with the purchase and sale agreement. Various documents and due diligence items must be reviewed and investigated carefully prior to putting money and time at risk. Some of those matters include:
- Does the seller have legal title to the property?
- Does the seller have the right to sell?
- Review of contracts, agreements, and other documents.
- Is the property in the “Restricted Zone”? If so, the creation of a Fideicomiso will probably be necessary.
- Pursuant to Mexican law, Is the property a “residential” or “non-residential” property? (the answer to this question has important implications).
- Potential Immigration/Business law requirements.
Our extensive and dedicated due diligence on Mexican real property transactions helps give you peace of mind when conducting business in Mexico. Additionally, we can work with other real estate professionals such as architects, engineers, general contractors, appraisers and certified public accountants to ensure that your Mexican real estate investment is protected as much as possible.
Mexico Real Estate Transactions Require Experienced, Bicultural Counsel
In order to efficiently and economically complete real estate transactions in Mexico, you need an experienced, bicultural law firm who knows how to navigate through the myriad of laws, regulations, and other related issues involved. Our lawyers have lived and been educated in both the United States and Mexico, making them bicultural as well as bilingual. With an office in Houston, TX and an office conveniently located in Mexico City (The political and economic capital of Mexico), we strive to provide our clients both the sophistication and professional level of legal services they are accustomed to in the United States, with local expertise in the Mexico real estate industry.
Representative Examples of Firm’s Clients
- Represented a local Houston Family in the purchase of a Villa in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico and secured a Title Insurance Policy for them.
- Represented a Mexican national in drafting and review of a construction contract to remodel their condominium in Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
- Represented various clients in their sales of residential properties in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
- Represented a local individual in obtaining a “Reverse Mortgage” on his home in the U.S. and using the proceeds to purchase property in Mexico.
For a free consultation with an experienced Mexico real estate attorney, contact Padua Law Firm, located in Houston, TX contact us by email or call 713-840-1411
Padua Law Firm’s Mexico real estate practice represents clients from Texas cities of Houston, Dallas, Austin, the Woodlands, Sugarland, Conroe, Dickinson, League City, Galveston, and throughout the United States and Mexico.
Latest Avvo Review
Excellent Attorney, Highly recommended
"Alejandro Padua is an intelligent, professional attorney. He is focused on his clients' objectives and is constantly putting his clients' interests above everything else. A true litigator for the people."