Houston Auto Accident Attorney
Experienced Auto Accident Law Firm based in Houston Area and Serving Clients throughout Texas
An auto accident can be a life-changing experience. Our team of lawyers are highly skilled in representing victims of auto accidents in Houston and surrounding areas. If you or your family suffered injury or death in an auto accident, you could be entitled to compensation. Contact us today for a FREE Consultation to see how we can help you receive the money you deserve.
Auto Accidents Statistics for Houston
The Texas Department of Transportation reported that in 2016, auto accidents in Texas were responsible for
- A death every 2 hours 20 minutes
- An injury every 1 minute 59 seconds
- 3,773 total automobile fatalities
Auto accidents in Houston can be Costly
Regardless of how serious your auto accident, the results could put a financial strain on you for weeks, months, or even years following your accident. Automobile accidents can present both short-term and long-term effects, including hospitalization, therapy, and missed work from a sustained injury. And in some extreme cases, you may never be able to work again.
In addition, as many as 20% of automobiles involved in accidents are considered “totaled,” meaning it could cost more to fix your vehicle than it is actually worth. In these cases, you have the added expense of finding another car to replace your damaged one.
Insurance Doesn’t Always Provide a Good Solution
The insurance company may provide you with some form of monetary compensation, but they routinely look out for their own best interest, not yours and the insurance offers aren’t always enough to account for the damages you suffer. In fact, the insurance company of the at-fault driver may only cover some of your financial needs if that driver only meets the minimum liability coverage.
Auto Accident FAQ
What do I need to do immediately following an auto accident?
Generally speaking, you should do the following if you have been involved in an auto accident:
- Safety First – Be aware of your personal safety and safety of others at accident scene first. If there are any injuries or significant property damage, call 911 immediately.
- Try to take pictures of the accident and stay focused on documenting the accident.
- Call local law enforcement to file an accident report.
- Call your insurance company to report the accident as soon as possible, but do not admit fault. While it’s important to answer your insurance adjuster’s questions as accurately as possible, it’s not a good idea to draw any legal conclusions until your case is properly investigated.
- Exchange information with the other driver, including insurance information, legal name, car tag number, and phone numbers.
- Document any notes about the situation.
- Call an auto accident lawyer near you. Padua Law Firm is located in the Galleria area of Houston, offers free consultations and charges no up-front fees (only pay if you win and recover money)
How long do I have to file a lawsuit for my auto accident?
The state of Texas has a statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits of up to two years from the date of the injury in most cases. However, it’s usually in your best interest to take action as soon as possible while details are fresh in your mind and evidence is more readily available.
What if the other driver is not insured?
It’s estimated that nearly one-third of Texas drivers, particularly in Houston, do not have active car insurance at the time of an accident. If this is the case, your own policy may protect you if you opted for uninsured motorist or under-insured motorist coverage.
How much does it cost to hire an attorney to settle my case?
Up-front payments are not necessary. Many auto accident attorneys in Houston work on a contingency fee – if you lose your case, you pay nothing. If you win your case, you pay a percentage of the money you receive and expenses related to the case.
Common Injuries Resulting from Auto Accidents
Death is the most extreme result of an automobile accident, but other injuries can be physically and emotionally devastating for victims. Some of these life-altering injuries include:
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Head trauma or brain damage
If you have been a victim of an auto accident, our legal team will work hard to get you a fair settlement.
Frequent Causes of Auto Accidents in Houston
You, the driver, are ultimately responsible for your actions behind the wheel. However, you can’t take responsibility for the actions of the drivers around you. As a result, some of the most frequent causes of accidents in Houston are:
- Distracted driving, such as cell phone texting or usage while driving
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Inexperienced driving
- Hit and run accidents
These types of accidents are almost always avoidable, and you shouldn’t have to pay for the consequences of someone else’s negligence.
Types of Auto Accidents
To build a successful case, you first need to prove that you were not responsible for the accident. Types of accidents where you might be able to establish negligence against the other driver include
- Rear end collisions
- Head on collisions
- Collisions where other drivers are drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Side swiping
- Hit and run
- Left-turn accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Road construction accidents
An automobile accident can prove financially devastating to you and to others you rely on for support. Your finances may never fully recover from your accident if you do not seek legal guidance
What You Can Expect With Our Experienced Legal Team On Your Side
- We work for you – When we accept your case, we start working immediately to help you receive your settlement.
- No money up front – You only pay if we help you win your case.
- Top level litigators – We have the expertise and financial strength to handle your case and the win ratio to prove it.
- Spanish Speaking – Our entire team of auto accident lawyers, paralegals, and staff speak Spanish fluently.
- Highly recommended – We have a growing list of satisfied clients who can attest to our services
How an Auto Accident Legal Case Works
During your free consultation with Padua Law Firm, we’ll ask you questions about your accident to determine the extent of your injuries and the potential for compensation. After we accept your case, we go to work researching the specifics of your auto accident, including police reports, doctor statements, and other information to help you win.
In sum, we work relentlessly to get you the money you deserve as quickly as possible, and in many cases, we can help you avoid taking your case to court. While monetary gain may never heal the injuries and grief you’ve suffered, it can help lessen your financial burden and help put your life back together.
Schedule your Free Consultation today, and together we can work towards healing your financial distress as you work towards recovery.