Houston Medical Device Attorney
Each year, thousands of individuals in the United States hire a dangerous drug lawyer because they are victims of serious and deadly side effects stemming from pharmaceutical drugs or medical devices prescribed to them by their physicians that were thought to be safe. In most cases, people believe in the safety of their prescriptions because the United States Food and Drug Administration had approved the medication or medical devices. Unfortunately, many of these “FDA approved drugs and devices” cause dangerous side effects and even death. This is because many prescription and over-the-counter drugs and medical devices are poorly tested or do not carry adequate warnings about potential side effects on their labels.
If you’ve been injured because of an unsafe drug or defective medical device, contact the Padua Law Firm’s unsafe drug lawyer today for a free legal consultation.
Why Hire A Defective Drug and Medical Device Attorney?
Your Houston medical device attorney can help you evaluate your case, answer your questions, and ultimately get you compensated for your losses by holding giant pharmaceutical and medical device manufactures liable under various legal theories of product liability including: insufficient testing, design defects, or lacking instructions or warning labels. For example, if the Food and Drug Administration discovers that a previously approved drug or device’s known risks outweigh all potential benefits, a defective drug injury attorney can use that information to help hold the pharmaceutical company that manufactured them responsible for your injury or illness. Similarly, if manufacturers do not inform consumers of certain risks involved with a particular drug, or they fail to adequately notify medical providers, your defective drug injury attorney can also hold them liable for your injury.
If you’ve been a victim of faulty medical devices or unsafe pharmaceutical drugs, an experienced and successful medical device lawyer at Padua Law Firm, PLLC can help you to handle your case and help you navigate the complicated system of product liability litigation so that you can receive the compensation you deserve.
Our current areas of Focus in Pharmaceutical Drug and Medical Device Litigation include:
- Vaginal Mesh – Vaginal mesh (also called vaginal slings) is a medical device used in surgery to treat women who suffer from pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence. Unfortunately, the transvaginal placement of surgical mesh has resulted in serious complications in women.
- Actos – Actos (pioglitazone hydro chloride) is a pharmaceutical drug used to treat type 2 diabetes. Unfortunately, Actos has caused serious injuries such as bladder cancer, congestive heart failure, and even death.
- Depakote – Depakote (divalproex sodium) is an anti-seizure medication manufactured by Abbot.
- Propecia– Propecia is a common medication used to treat hair loss in men.
- Topamax – Topamax (topiramate) is a drug used to treat epilepsy, mood disorders, migraines and chronic pain.
- Pradaxa – Pradaxa (dabigatran) is used to prevent stroke and blood clots.
- Hip Implants – At least 12 – 13% of patients who received the DePuy ASR hip implant devices have required more than one corrective surgery.
- Fentanyl – Fentanyl is a prescription pain reliever administered by skin patch, injection or ingestion.
- Avandia – Avandia is used to treat Type 2 diabetes and has shown to increase the risk of heart attack by 30%.
- Chantix – The smoking addiction/recovery drug Chantix has been linked to suicidal thoughts and actions, as well as mood and behavioral disorders.
- Heparin – Heparin prevents blood clots before, after, or during certain medical procedures.
- Reglan – Reglan is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal conditions.
- Yaz or Yazmin – Yaz is a birth-control pill that prevents ovulation and makes it difficult for sperm to reach the uterus.
- NuvaRing Birth Control – Nuvaring is a flexible, transparent contraceptive vaginal.
If you or someone you know has taken any of the pharmaceutical drugs or used the medical devices listed above and have suffered serious injuries or complications because of them, contact the Padua Law Firm’s unsafe drug lawyer today for a free legal consultation.
Pharmaceutical Drug and Medical Device Recalls
Every year, thousands of Americans find out that the medicine they’re taking or medical device they are using has been “recalled.” Unfortunately, these device and drug recalls happen too frequently in the United States. If you’ve suffered an injury related to a recalled drug or medical device, please seek medical attention as soon as you can. Secondly, you should focus on hiring an experienced medical device recall attorney who can help you recover monetary losses from these injuries for things like:
- Medical costs
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Lost wages or earning capacity
Houston Medical Device Recall Attorney
Medical device companies have a duty to manufacture only safe and carefully designed products for consumers. Further, theses manufacturers have a responsibility to present clear instructions and warnings regarding the use of their devices. Most medical device recall attorney would agree that negligence and inadequate warning labels on medical devices can lead to serious injury and pain to consumers. Our Houston medical device attorney is committed to making sure these large corporations are held responsible for the injuries, pain, and damages their negligence caused. Padua Law Firm’s tough medical device lawyer stands next to you during your trying time to fight toward a favorable outcome.
Nationwide Clients – Free Consultation
At Padua Law Firm, our defective drug injury attorney can represent clients injured by medical devices and unsafe drugs throughout nationwide. We offer free consultations and provide our services on a contingent-fee basis. This means you will not pay or owe us anything in attorney fees unless we are able to obtain compensation in your case.
Call 713-840-1411 or contact us via email to schedule your free, no obligation consultation with our drug and medical device lawyer.