Fill out the form below for a FREE CONSULTATION & discover your options
What Real Estate Attorneys can do for you?
We know that not every real estate transaction will fall into one of the above categories. As a real estate attorney, we can help with the following matters:
- Purchase and sales contracts – If building a home is not for you and you wish to purchase an already existing home, let us help you with your closing and ensuring that all paperwork is in order.
- Property Insurance Disputes – If your property insurance company is wrongfully denying your claim, or making you “low-ball” offers we can help you force them to compensate you.
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation – Have you received notice that your property will be taken from you via eminent domain or condemnation proceedings by the Government or a Private company such as Pipeline Company?
- Construction contracts to build or remodel new homes – If you are looking to build a new home from the ground up, we can provide you with the necessary assistance in getting started. This involves purchase of property as well as getting started with a construction firm.
- Foreclosure defense
- Entity structure and formation (partnerships, LLC’s, Inc., etc…)
- Financing transactions (Purchase, Refinance, Owner Financing and Home Equity Loans)
- Closings and related issues/documents
- Purchase of foreclosed properties (aka REO properties)
- Landlord services
- Buying properties in Mexico : Purchases of resort or “second home” property located in Mexico
These above-mentioned services are designed for individual’s property owners and investors. If you have a need for commercial real estate services, you can see our related page where we outline specific commercial services.
If you are looking for any of these transactions contacting Padua Law Firm, a “real estate attorney”, that can help you in your property matters. Contact us in Houston, TX by email or call at 713-840-1411.
Complex Transactions Require Experienced Legal Counsel
If you have ever perpetrated a property transaction before, you might have noticed that they are not simple transactions. There are a variety of factors that need to be considered in the property field and they include:
- Government regulations
- Financial Considerations
- Setting Objectives for Buying and Selling
- Operational Issues
Because of the complexity of property transactions, hiring an experienced legal counsel is necessary to ensure that you have covered every step in your transaction. You need an experienced law firm who knows the industry and is familiar with the entire process from beginning to end. A qualified attorney is what you need.
Attorney Alejandro Padua’s previous direct experience on the business side of the real estate industry – as a developer, investor, and other areas – in addition to his legal training and experience, is an invaluable asset that will undoubtedly help you successfully complete your property transactions. We value successful outcomes as much as you do and for that reason, we use our expertise to ensure that you have the most successful outcome that is both cost effective and utilizes the appropriate measures on our part.
Importance of Involving a Real Estate Attorney Early
It is very important to involve a lawyer based in your transactions as early as possible. The lawyers know what crucial elements to look for in purchase and sale agreements. There are many documents that your attorney should review prior to the closure of the transaction. Some of these documents include but are not limited to:
- Title Reports
- Escrow Instructions
- Loan Documents
- Disclosure Statements
By “hiring a qualified real estate lawyer”, you are creating a better chance at defending title rights. You are also reducing your taxes and fees, which means less worries and more money in your pocket. We are flexible in that we are able to work seamlessly with other professionals such as architects, contractors, engineers and CPAs to ensure that your interests are protected as much as possible.
Representative Examples of Firm’s Clients and Projects
- Represented a local family in the purchase of a lot and negotiated the construction contract with a reputable custom home builder.
- Represented a local family who was facing eminent domain and condemnation proceedings against them by a Pipeline Company (i.e. Pipeline Company was attempting to take their property).
- Represented an out-of-state family in defending a foreclosure proceeding initiated by their mortgage lender. See our foreclosure defense page for more details.
- Represented various Texas residents in their acquisition of a second home in San Miguel de Allende and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- Represented a local individual in litigation against his property insurance company who had wrongfully denied his insurance claim.