Mexico Business Law
Padua Law firm, PLLC is a Houston, TX based, boutique law firm providing high quality Mexico business law services. Our Mexico business law practice offers a full range of transactional, regulatory, and litigation services to our business clients with interests throughout Mexico, especially for United States companies and investors. Our practice areas include: business and finance, franchising and licensing, export and import controls, cross-border investment, cross-border debt collections, tax, real estate development, environmental, and other niches.
Due to the Mexico’s rapid economic growth, international trade activity, and geographical proximity, more United States companies are establishing and/or expanding operations in Mexico. We opened an office and established operations in Mexico City, Mexico in order to better serve our clients. Additionally, we have been developing in-house capabilities as well as establishing collaborative relationships with highly qualified Mexico-based law firms and attorneys in most areas of Mexican business law.
Business in Mexico Requires Experienced and Well-Connected Legal Counsel
Doing Business in Mexico, although can be highly profitable if managed properly, is usually complex due to the combination of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, potential inefficiency in the enforcement of contracts that American businesses are accustomed to, cross-border operational issues involved, and generally the “emerging” or “developing” nature of the economy, the Mexican legal system, and its participants. Our Mexico business law practice is focused upon our ultimate goal to help you get your transactions, projects, and other business objectives completed efficiently and economically by helping you navigate through the Mexican legal and regulatory landscape.
You need legal advice from an experienced and “battle-tested” law firm who knows the Mexico business terrain. We have both Mexico and United States licensed attorneys who are bilingual, bi-cultural, and most importantly possess strong relationships with Mexico’s government officials and business leaders. Attorneys Alejandro Padua (Houston-based, Licensed to practice in Texas) and Jose Luis Anton Morelos (Mexico City-based licensed to practice in Mexico) business experience in Mexico, in addition to their formal legal training and experience is an invaluable asset to help you successfully complete your objectives. We understand that your ultimate goals are financial success and always ensure that the most cost-effective and appropriate mechanism and players are employed to achieve a successful outcome.
What We Do
Padua Law firm works with U.S. and other international clients on almost every aspect of Mexican Business law including:
- Real estate
- Business and finance
- Labor and employment
- International trade
- Cross-border debt collection
- General business and contract
Representative Examples of Firm’s Clients and Projects
- Represented U.S. based developers/investors in the development, construction and marketing of a 214-Unit Condominium project in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico. See www.sanmiguelvillas.com or the website of the project.
- Representation of U.S. Lender in connection with commercial cross-border loan secured by real estate (Fish packing plant) and other property (Fish packing equipment) in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico.
- Representation of U.S. manufacturer and distributor of consumer and business goods with respect to export sales and other transactions in Mexico.
- Represented a U.S. investor who is major shareholder in a Mexican corporation currently in bankruptcy court in Mexico.
- Cross-border corporate structuring of a U.S. based corporation with subsidiaries in Mexico and other tax and general business law related issues.
To speak to an experienced Mexico business attorney, contact Padua Law Firm, by email or call 713-840-1411.